ECOWAS High level Forum
From 8th to 10th of October 2012 , ECREEE in cooperation with the Global Forum for Sustainable Energy (GSFE), and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), are organizing a three-day High Level Forum on the theme: “Paving the Way for Sustainable Energy for All in West Africa through Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency”. Hosted by the Government of Ghana, the forum will contribute to the UN Sustainable Energy For All Initiative and will follow-up on the key decisions of the Rio+20 Summit”. Participants will include ECOWAS Energy Ministers, stakeholders, and other high level international delegates.
At the Forum:
- The "Renewable Energy" and "Energy Efficiency" policy papers will be presented and submitted to the fifteen ECOWAS Energy Ministers for consideration, in view of ratification as regional policy.
- The Steering Committee of the energy component of the Strategic Programme for West Africa (SPWA) of the Global Environment Facility (GEF) will be held and launch the ECOWAS Observatory for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency.
The forum will be followed by the First International Off-grid Renewable Energy Conference” from 11th to 12th of October 2012. The conference was initiated by the off-grid private sector represented by the Alliance for Rural Electrification, with the support of IRENA, and ECREEE and other partners, including the UN Foundation. It will directly approach the issue of energy access and the role of renewable energies in providing a solution, with a strong focus on the interaction between private companies and public authorities.
The conference will be structured to generate off-grid private sector oriented recommendations for policy makers, funding agencies and other stakeholders. Specifically the conference will aim to:
- Implement the first major international event focusing on rural electrification / energy access and off-grid renewable energy.
- Establish a regular forum of discussion around off-grid renewables in developing countries.
- Collectively address issues related to sustainable rural electrification and the role of the private sector.
- Promote the long-term contacts and business relations between the different stakeholders involved in rural electrification.
Views: 1647 Added: 29-03-2012 Updated: 29-03-2012
Address: Electra Building, 2nd floor C.P. 288, Praia, Cape Verde
Contact person: Achada Santo Antonio
Phone: +238 2604630
Phone2: +238 2624608
Fax: +238 2624614
Average Rating: Total: 0 rates 0.00 (of 5)